Tuesday, September 22, 2020

May the Power Protect You: Tanya Sloan (Zeo Yellow)




 I should love Tanya. Like, a lot. Her deck is just brilliantly lined up. I look at it and I know it's really good. And every time I look at the deck I get really excited to play it again! I love her teamwork, reaction, and I know I should be doing a bunch of damage...

But I can't roll a worth a damn.

Like, to the point of it not being fun.

And it's only with Tanya Sloan!!!!!

I mean, c'mon, look Critical Strike! Look at it! That extra damage is a thing of beauty. That extra damage frequently defines battles. And she gets it every single roll. It's an amazing ability! Tanya can just wreck shop! And it almost never goes off for me. Ever. I do mean ever. It's the most infuriating thing in the whole world and I can hear the dice laughing at me. Audibly. Yes, send me back to the loony bin. Yes, back. I've told that particular story before. Yes, this is my attempt at dark humor. I hope you found it funny.

Building Momentum is one of my favorite cards. I've always loved Jason's Team Tactics, and adore that almost every member of the Zeo team has some variation of it. And Tanya's is definitely one of my favorites. Gain an energy and get what's essentially a reroll. The only limit is that the card has to have an energy cost of zero. But pair this with the right card, like Dagger Solo or Vesper? That opens up a lot.

Intercepting Strike was the first card I saw that made me immediately want to build a ranger deck. No, I've not done that... yet. That's yet another story. Regardless, I just adore this card. It costs an energy, but if you use it right you've just dealt half a boss card's hit points. For all of Tanya's offensive capabilities this card alone is something I want to poach for a softer custom character. So much freaking damage. It's amazing.

And now we hit the remaining cards in the deck: Rapid Kicks, Chain Combo, Power Double Clubs, and even Tanya's freaking zord. This is where I get snagged up. It's all variations on the same thing: add dice and take some out. I group them all together because they're obviously meant to capitalize off of Critical Strike, not to mention give you the best odds on getting some incredible damage rolls. And y'know what? It doesn't freaking work with me. At all. At all. Oh it breaks my heart.

I really want to enjoy Tanya Sloan. I really really do. But I just... at one point Jonathan Ying had said he didn't want to make every ranger the best ranger, just someone's favorite ranger.  Tanya Sloan is the antithesis of my favorite ranger. Which is really sad. Cause she can bust heads so hard.

Become a Patron!

No comments:

Post a Comment