Wednesday, March 18, 2020

I Hate Everyone and Everything



So I was planning on just making a few addenda for my Star Wars Epic Review. Star Wars is a very, deeply, personal thing to me as it exists, Rise of Skywalker included. So it gets hard to watch as people just utterly... wreck the point. Rather than approaching it from the Campbellian framework that it exists in they prefer to see it as they would rather prefer to.

To be blunt, I find that silly. And immature. If you approach life on your terms you will never be happy, so I'm not sure why Star Wars is an exception to one of the hard and fast rules of living.

So, the thing is that, with the advent of the digital release of The Rise of Skywalker, I had the opportunity to just tack on my observations of The Rise of Skywalker, as if it was an appendix to The Last Jedi. And, given that The Last Jedi is one of my favorite movies, ever, it would be very easy to do that. But that wouldn't be approaching the series on its own terms, now would it?

So, I will start over, ALL over, from The Phantom Menace and up.

I do not relish putting my thoughts out there and seeing it have no impact on the Star Wars community, or few other people.

But my brain won't shut up.

And so therefore whoever wants to read this is going to have to put up with my temper tantrum of 25+ posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment