Friday, June 24, 2022

The Gamble Paid Off: A Rant


Let's get this out of the way: I did not vote for Trump, neither in 2016 or 2020. I did not find him an acceptable personality in any way, shape, or form, and shared the doubts of my leftist friends that he would actually do anything about abortion. I'd generally given up on the idea  that public action would do anything against Roe v Wade at all, in no large part because of these leftist friends. "It'll never happen," they told me with all the rage and bitterness of the brainwashed. "We need to find other ways to make this work". But the people who voted for Trump said, with a consistency I thought was just stupidity, "If he can stack the court this will be over". I scoffed. So did my leftists "pro-life" friends.

Oops.

Turns out they were right. Over the years, the court was gradually stacked with people who would actually read the Constitution and apply it. And Trump promised to continue the trend.

Before anyone more leftists start going "yeah but why would he tell the truth"-

It's 

GENOCIDE

You

IDIOTS

If you can end a genocide or even have a fraction of a hope of doing so you hold your nose and try. No, that's not a question, that's not something that should be argued about. If you think abortion kills a human then it's legalized genocide that renders our country easily the most evil thing to ever exist, outranking Nazis, Bolsheviks, and pretty much anything else you can imagine without a second's thought.

And the folks who don't try and stop it are at best cowards.

Yes, I just ranked myself in there. I don't care, because unlike most people I've met I don't care if the truth cuts me. If I should be cut I should be cut and that's it.

And the truth cuts pretty deep today.

Good.

Over the course of watching people awoken I became more and more aware that something wasn't right. Initially I got off Facebook because I realized that Facebook wasn't using its power responsibly, and I already have too much blood indirectly on my hands, so I didn't want more. But, the longer I stayed off, the more I've become aware that I had been uneasy on Facebook for years. But this? This goes way beyond anything I anticipated.

I make it a point to make my posts as raw and as honest as possible. I purposefully get out of the way of my fingers and just let them type. And this pain and whatever else just flows out of my body like a tsunami. That's how I've always tried to operate on this blog. If you are reading this this is the closest I can get to a direct "this is my soul" through something this impersonal.

Lives are saved today. 

Thank God. 

And, looking at that, my conscience screams "You were made a sucker. AGAIN." I was made a sucker at six, and have paid for it ever since. I was made a sucker many a time after that, and each and every time after that I swore it wouldn't happen again. And I've gotten better at it. I've learned how to spot the manipulations and lies that people in power use. I've gone and looked around and found out that, in all cases, my suspicions weren't nearly deep enough. Not even close. It's always worse. Always. And someone has not only confirmed it, but they figured it out decades ago and we ignored them. So I've tried, over and over, to get my head clear. And I really hoped I'd accomplished... well... enough.

But this? I didn't know this was there. I didn't think that this response was programmed. And now, looking back at it, of course it was. And I'm just so done. I'm tired of my choices being pushed on me. I'm tired of having to ask "Are these all the choices available? Am I sure that I can't choose something else?" I know I can't get it right, not all the time, but did genocide really have to be involved?

No comments:

Post a Comment