Friday, October 29, 2021

This Is Not Okay

Full disclosure: I definitely have said "Fuck Joe Biden" on more than one occasion. Loudly. I think him a buffoon, a thug, a geriatric who should be in a nursing home. There's less than a handful of Biden voters I talk to willingly now, because the mental stress of remembering these people were making fun of Biden for being the fool he is has become so high that I've found the interactions more than they're worth. 

But when I saw the above flag my jaw dropped.

No.

Let's be clearer: I don't view the above paragraph as a prideful disclosure. I've made it a point to eradicate rage and spite from my life as much as I can. It is my cross, my battleground, possibly the only real foe I've ever had. So I get being angry about the election! The oligarchy played the long game and won. Consent was manufactured, stunningly well. Souls. Were. Bought. But that doesn't justify selling mine.

Putting up that flag has got to feel good. It's a small bit of power you can claim. But I've found desiring power to be so toxic that it's physically painful. Power is the one thing rage demands, because if only I had a bit more power I could make things right!t It's like saying that if only that stripper could get to know me she'd love me. And then I wouldn't be so lonely. Apparently we've forgotten that strippers aren't actually in love with us. And we've definitely forgotten that desiring power is usually a very bad thing. Most of us wind up happy with just one person; the rest are right out.

No, voting Biden in or putting up that stupid flag aren't exceptions, folks. Sorry.

Another thing that makes me scratch my head is the idea that Biden is the end of the world and deserves this sort of vitriol to begin with. Biden is a puppet; he has as much impact on the government as you do on a prostitute. We've ignored that it's special interest groups and lobbies who have power, along with the actual government bureaucratic organizations, far more than any president. Trump found that out first hand! The house won, folks. The house always wins. And we're letting these snakes dictate what we feel. Before, every four years we had this funny little ritual where we pretended that the person who we voted for actually mattered. We pretended we were making a choice between candidates we wanted, pretended that our lives weren't being guided, and picked someone the oligarchy liked, one way or another. As a reward we get brought to a political and emotional climax that leaves us only slightly more pitiful than a soldier in a South Korean local, dollar bills clutched tightly in her hand. Every four years we did this shame dance. But now? We seem to think the political whore lets us screw her because of our personality, not because she gets something out of it. Or, y'know, because her pimp told her to.

So yes, this flag is vulgar. In every conceivable sense. It's another nail in the coffin we bought for our society when we accepted the Trump-Clinton competition. The desecration continues. It is a desecration that we are being told we want to do, and so we do it. Manufactured consent never had it so good! 

Regardless of my opinion of Biden the man is the president of my nation. He wields the avenging sword of God over America. Even if we have made our society a political whore house we have to remember that whore houses are unholy because of what they misrepresent.

Desecration doesn't remove the value.

But it does make us forget it.

Don't. 

I know I'll keep seeing this flag. When nothing is sacred it's all up for grabs. As we degenerate into our camps that can be milked like cows in a factory we'll find new things to defile. 2016 saw to that. But seeing that flag jolted me. I know so many that have lost themselves to this lie. Fox and MSNBC are not alternate realities, they're two different whore houses who do their best to convince their clients the prostitutes love them. I certainly wasn't going to those two... Sources... But I'd be lying if seeing that flag reminded me of just how much I've dehumanized those around me.

Fuck that. They're not winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment